Thursday, December 2, 2010

Raphael Power Point

With the focus of my research paper being on patronage during the Italian High Renaissance and asking the question of who was the most influential pope for the arts, I am focusing on more specific works of art by certain artists of the time. In my group presentation I went into detail about Michelangelo and his work on the tomb of Julius II, so for this part of the assignment I will do a timed Power Point presentation covering School of Athens by Raphael. I will start out with some quick bullet points on what else was going on at this time and about other works of art that were being created, like Michelangelo’s work on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
School of Athens is also known as “Philosophy” by art historians because the artist depicted several figures from history like Aristotle, Plato and other great philosophers, poets, writers, and others throughout history. I will be using the main image of the painting along with details of the painting so I can point out and identify the different people he depicted. The end of the presentation will include more bullet points covering Raphael’s short career following School of Athens which include his patronage under Leo X who made him Commissioner of Antiquities and put him charge of construction of the new St. Peter’s which was begun by Bramante under the reign of Julius II.
I will look into the possibility of using a voice over or music within Power Point but I am also prepared to talk through each of the slides. I am hoping that my presentation will show other people who are not as knowledgeable about art and that there are different levels to the work than just the visual aspects and that there are many interesting stories behind the art.

6 comments:

  1. This should be an excellent presentation with the information you have here. A powerpoint is a great way to get your argument across. Using the painting is also a great idea. WIth this, you can connect the audience to the material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of using a PowerPoint for this presentation. As Justin stated, you have a lot of good information and I think it should be one of the better presentations in the class. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really well done! I really enjoyed your presentation. The way you did the pictures was really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always you did some great work, I enjoyed when you broke down the painting to name the individual people represented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful presentation...theres nothing like a beautiful painting and i like how you broke down the whole painting of the school of athens

    ReplyDelete
  6. i liked the the picture could have had a little more to say

    ReplyDelete