Thursday, December 2, 2010

video

For my multi medial project I'm going to try the video option. I have never done one and thought it would be interesting to do it that way. I thought i could take the challenge with the video since everything we do is on power point so I'm switching it up, going out of the comfort zone. Since I did my research paper on the principles and values of the constitution I thought that i will touch on the part of the government getting their hands in the everything. I do believe that in some cases the government means well but for the most part they are looking at only a small portion of the public and in some instances limit the greater number of citizens. There should be laws and regulations of commerce so there is no unfair trading or sells. When the government enacts programs they rely on the tax payers money to fun those programs and when these programs are not productive it is a waste of the tax payers money. Maybe the reasons they made these programs were to help people but in fact they are hurting them. Some things I'm going to touch on are some of the programs that FDR enacted in his New Deals programs. Such as welfare and tax hikes on the upper class. I am by no means in the upper class but i understand that the upper class are majority small business owners and when the government demands high taxes and regulations on their businesses they are hesitate to hire more people or buy things for their business that will help the economy. Another thing I will focus on is fannie mae and freddie mac. These programs have good intentions by giving families the opportunity to get loans and mortgages but they end up giving these loans and mortgages to people that cant afford it which leads to mortgages foreclosures. This along with the economy is why there are so many mortgage foreclosures. In the 90s, these programs gave out mortgages to these kinds of families that in the long run cant sustain their payments.

No comments:

Post a Comment